I like to write (usually about books and/or my life) in my spare time. I also design a newspaper, and that work is right over here.
Oh, and I have an essay in an upcoming book. (Don’t) Call Me Crazy is an anthology of essays about mental health, coming to you in Fall 2018 from Algonquin Young Readers. My bit is about trichotillomania and how I’ve figured out a way to be cool with just not really having eyebrows anymore. All the deetz are at Stacked Books.
- The Everlasting Magic of English Teachers
- When the Universe Gives You the Book You Need
- Why We Need Young Memoirists
- Ways to Shelve Your Books on Goodreads
- My Book-Buying Ban by the Numbers
- Library Carts I Will Own When I Win the Lottery
- A Ranking of Chicago’s Used Bookstores
- 100 Must-Read Books in and about Chicago
- Gotta Pun ‘Em All: Classics as Pokemon
- More posts at Book Riot
Burn Your Faves
- 13 Reading Assignments You Probably Skipped in High School
- 9 Books Told Through Fictional Journals and Letters